2. The Liebster Award // Yahong Chi, Sara Furlong Burr, Sophia Chang, Krispy, S.L. Hennessy, and Kate CourseyCarrie Butler
7. The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award // Peggy Eddleman
8. The Sunshine Blog Award // Sophia Chang
9. The Next Big Thing // Lura Slowinski
My first-ever blogger award! Thanks Ariel!
Let's see... I'm supposed to write seven random facts about myself.
1. My least favorite commonly encountered foodstuff is mushroom. The only kind I like are the long skinny white ones that you find in hotpot.
2. When I was younger I wished my name were Elizabeth because it came with so many options for nicknames. It's kind of unnecessary to shorten "Linda."
3. I used to have to think really hard about my birth date when I had to fill out forms, but then I made it into a math equation and rarely forgot after that. (Sometimes I get the month and day mixed up, though! :P)
4. There are glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling in my old room. I stuck them there by jumping on my bed, so the stars only cover the area of a rectangle the size of my bed.
5. I love long, silver, dangly earrings.
6. I read really fast, and like to read books in one sitting, if possible. I've been known to read several novels in a day. (It drove my parents nuts when I'd just read all day and not do anything else!)
7. I'm incredibly lazy. Trying to work on it, though!
THE LIEBSTER AWARD from YAHONG CHI, SARA FURLONG BURR, SOPHIA CHANG, KRISPY, S.L. HENNESSY, and KATE COURSEY
Wow. I'm blown away by how many amazing bloggers have passed this award on to me. Seriously, I am awed and honored each time someone tags me in an award — I can't believe they chose me and my blog! :D Their words of encouragement mean so much to me. I'm so grateful for the friends I've made in the writing community. You guys are awesome! <3
THE PANTIES MEME from CARRIE BUTLER
I cannot believe she tagged me in this meme. My first instinct was to pretend it didn't happen. (Incredibly tempting, I tell you.) But not only did she tag just three people and put me first on the list, she's also a super sweet blogger (when she's not evilly tagging me in embarrassing memes :P) and there was just no way I could ignore the meme.
Which is why this page exists. *sigh*
Ok, here goes! Expect to be bored by my very straight-laced answers.
1. What do you call your panties / underwear / undergarments? Do you have any commonly used nicknames for them?
I just call them "underwear." No nicknames, common or otherwise.
2. Have you ever had that supposedly common dream of being in a crowded place in only your underwear?
Huh. Nope. Never had any nightmares regarding public speaking or being on stage naked, either.
3. What is the worst thing you can think of to make panties out of?
Fire ants? Poison ivy? Sriracha sauce?
4. If you were a pair of panties, what color would you be, and WHY?
Black. Because that's my go-to color for underwear. Ok, maybe you didn't need to know that.
5. Have you ever thrown your panties/underwear at a rock star or other celebrity? If so, which one(s)? If not, which one(s) WOULD you throw your panties/underwear at, given the opportunity?
EW NO WHY WOULD I DO THAT??
6. You’re out of clean panties. What do you do?
Do laundry. Or go out and buy new ones, I guess.
7. Are you old enough to remember Underoos? If so, did you have any? Which ones?
I have never heard of Underoos...
8. If you could have any message printed on your panties, what would it be?
I wish I had a good story like Carrie's. But I don't. I can't even think of anything clever right now. Maybe the winning numbers to the lottery jackpot? Then I'll know what they are and can become rich overnight. (Gosh I told you my answers would be super lame.)
9. How many bloggers does it take to put panties on a goat?
Nine? Since it's the ninth question. And I always liked the number nine.
*WHEW* And that's a wrap! See, aren't you grateful I don't pass these things on? :P
THE BLOG ON FIRE AWARD from DAVID POWERS KING
Here are the questions that go with the award:
1. Are you a rutabaga?
Honestly, I had no idea what a rutabaga was until I Googled it just now. I'm pretty sure I'm not a turnip, so the answer is no.
2. Who is your current crush?
That's a secret! No way I'm telling the entire world.
3. Upload a heartwarming photo that makes you smile.
I've uploaded tons on my personal blog. The most recent post at the time I'm typing this is a post celebrating my parents' anniversary, and seeing photos of them together through the years always makes me smile. :)
4. When was the last time you ate a vine-ripened tomato?
Oh wow... it's been wayyy too long. I don't think I've eaten much tomato in Taiwan and can't remember if I had any when I went back to the States last winter. Probably not. So I actually have no idea.
5. Name one habit that causes people to plot your demise.
I run late a lot. It's awful, I know. I always feel terrible about it. Sorry! :(
6. What's the weirdest, most disgusting job you've ever had to do?
When I was in college I worked in a bio lab and had to count dead worms. It sounds a lot grosser than it actually is since the worms I counted were Caenorhabditis elegans, which are tiny and transparent and kind of cute. It definitely sounds kind of weird, though.
7. Where da muffin top at?
On top of the muffin bottom?
8. What author introduced you to your genre?
C.S. Lewis, probably. I adored The Chronicles of Narnia.
9. Describe yourself using obscure Latin words.
I don't know any. Anyone know how to say that in obscure Latin?
THE TEN RANDOM FACTS MEME from ALZ
1. I have stitches on the big toe of my right foot, from when a glass shower door fell on it.
2. I make a lot of noise when I watch movies or tv shows or read books by myself. I'll laugh and cry and groan and yell at characters and make commentary to myself. I try not to do this in theaters/bookstores/libraries, even though the laughing and crying can be hard to contain.
3. My parents didn't let us keep pets, other than fish that tended to die rather quickly. I was so desperate to have pets once that I found a baby snail, kept it in a jar with holes poked in the lid, and gave it water and lettuce leaves. I named the snail Shelly (so creative, right?).
4. I've played a few musical instruments. Mostly violin and piano, and later viola. One school year I played trombone since the school accidentally put me in band instead of orchestra.
5. When I was in middle school, I had a crush on this guy. When Valentine's Day rolled around, I bought a candy gram and sent it to him. I wrote his name and a ton of tiny hearts and nothing else. I guess I was kind of a wimp.
6. I like high heels. Even though I'm already ridiculously tall by Asian girl standards, and some of my friends get annoyed at me for making myself even taller, I still wear heels when I feel like it.
7. I liked to multitask while studying for my science classes in my early college years. Some of my classes were recorded and could be accessed on the web, which meant I didn't bother going to class unless attendance was part of the grade. A few days before an exam, I'd start watching the webcasts. I'd sit with my notes and textbook (when I had one) in front of me, and yarn and knitting needles in my hands. On half my screen would be the recorded lecture, and on the other half of my screen would be an Asian drama with subtitles playing at very low volume. Then I'd blast through all my lectures that way, occasionally pausing the videos and dropping my needles to scratch down a few notes. My friends thought I was crazy, but it worked.
8. I'm pretty good at noticing other people's grammar mistakes, but I rarely catch my own until after I hit publish. (Why does it always happen like that?) It always makes me want to die once I do see it, because it's so glaringly obvious and I feel like I just branded myself as a terrible writer. Argh, I hate it when I no write English good.
9. Nine is my favorite number. I have no idea why.
10. Side effect of naming my blog Wistfully Linda: now when I read books the word "wistfully" always pops out at me in a way it never did before. It's like a huge shining beacon on the page. Kind of strange.
THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD from PEGGY EDDLEMAN
I felt super honored to be awarded by Peggy! Her kind words definitely put a smile on my face. Since I got a pick of awards, I chose the one I hadn't received yet. :)
Thanks to everyone who tagged me in a meme or an award! You guys are amazing, and I'm so grateful for all my blogger friends. <3