Saturday, May 21, 2011

Inky Linky Love 05.21.2011

Until recently, I was a die-hard lurker. There are blogs I've read for years and never commented on. But since I started blogging, I've come to appreciate the value of comments a lot more — so I'm learning to come out of my shell by leaving comments and interacting with people on Twitter more often. Turns out, it's not as scary as I thought it'd be. People are so nice! And they actually reply! :D (Yeah, that was kind of shocking. In a good way, of course.)

As I'm slowly getting more involved in the online writing community, I want to give back by highlighting a few of my favorite writing-related posts in the blogosphere each week. I was so excited I even came up with a super cheesy name for the feature, hehe. :P

I've followed some of these blogs for months or years, while I stumbled upon others just this week. I'm constantly amazed by the great stuff out there. I wish I could rave about all the posts I liked, but I made myself choose just a handful:

CRAFT

PLOT AND CHARACTER

WRITING LIFE

PUBLISHING

FUN


I hope you find these posts fun and helpful. Be sure to let these bloggers know if you like their posts!

And tell me, were you ever a lurker? Or did you get involved right away? What kinds of posts make you more likely to de-lurk?

8 comments:

  1.  These are such great links!  Thanks, I just retweeted it.  At first I felt nervous about commenting on blogs, but then I realized how amazing all these other writers are.   And there's so much helpful information out there, I'm constantly learning something new.  Wow, what a community, huh? 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! :) Yeah, I've learned so much from reading blogs. People are
    so generous about sharing their experience and giving helpful advice. :D
    (Now I just have to start applying it, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links!

    I'm still mostly a lurker. A lot of blogs I follow get twenty comments before I even get to it, so I feel like, "eh, someone's already said what I'm going to say, so why bother. " I know I need to participate more, so I'm baby stepping it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commenting on super popular blogs is still sort of intimidating for me.
    Taking baby steps sounds like a great idea.

    Thanks for leaving a comment here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pro lurker as this comment proves. But this is one part of the blog world that I love. I love that it's completely acceptable (and desirable!) to stalk strangers/hopefully future friends.

    And are you a writer? I would love to see some of your own work on this blog!

    P.S. I'm Diane's school friend. Don't be too freaked out please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I'm not freaked out, and thanks for the comment. :) That's a good way
    to look at it, though I feel a lot more awkward stalking people I sort of
    know than complete strangers.

    Hm I'm just starting out on my writing journey, so I don't have much to show
    right, but if you go to my personal blog (link somewhere in the About page)
    you can see some of my (nonfic) writing in the Best Of section.

    But cool, nice to meet you! My sister is awesome, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bookmarked this post so I can check out your recommendations when I have more time.  I'm more of a commenter than a lurker.  This is probably because I'm very talkative in real life! I'm glad I checked out your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is so cute and hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete