Saturday, September 10, 2011

Inky Linky Love 09.10.2011

I didn't get a long weekend for Labor Day, but never fear, I'm getting one this weekend! The Mid-Autumn Festival is on Monday this year, so I'm looking forward to getting the day off. Yay! We've been eating lots of delicious moon cakes, pineapple cakes, and mochi at work lately, since vendors have been gifting boxes and boxes of them. (My favorites are the red bean ones!) And we got cake on Friday to celebrate September birthdays. In the evening, I went with a few coworkers to eat in a bus. Seriously. This restaurant took out the seats, poles, and handles in old buses and put in tables and chairs. It was pretty cool. (Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me. :( Wish I could show you guys pictures!) But yeah. Lots of eating. It's not a real holiday unless it revolves around food, right? :P

In other news, S.L. Hennessy at Pensuasion gave me the Liebster Award! I was very encouraged by her kind words. Also, she recently signed with an agent, so be sure to send her some hearty congrats! :)

(Edit: Kate Coursey also gave me the Liebster Award! Yay, thank you, Kate! :D)

My favorite posts this week are kind of hard to separate into categories, so the links are not as organized this time around. But then I'm only sharing a handful, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem. I loved these thought-provoking posts, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

AWESOME LINKS

And that's it! Enjoy your weekend, and if you want to have a moon-viewing party, Monday would be a great time for it. ;)

17 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great festival! :)

    Congratulations on the award.

    Thanks for the links--will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the post by Aliette, too, and it definitely made me think! Thanks for sharing these links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, moon cake ... think I'm turning an interesting shade of green here *lol*  I haven't had moon cake for AGES because I'm never back in Malaysia at the right time!!!  Hope you're having a super-fab weekend :D  Thanks for more interesting links, especially enjoyed the PWrede one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, again these are some really great links. I don't know where you find these, but they're really really good. Keep sharing!! And you're welcome for the award. I really do love reading your blog and you were one of the first writers I chose of the five. So thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia C. Wrede is one of my favorite authors and bloggers. :D Thanks for all the awesome links, and I hope you have a blast! (I love the term Mid-Autumn Festival. Something beautiful about it. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, I'm in the Awesome Links section! :D Of course it happens the weekend I'm MIA from the internet, haha. 

    I love the "How to Steal Like an Artist" article. I'd run across it once before somewhere but it was good to see it again and be reminded of all its points. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, her post is so fascinating! It resonated with me because I've thought about some of those issues before, particularly since I grew up influenced by Asian culture and always thought the differences in values were so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha awww, I wish I could send moon cakes to everyone! The best I can do is offer some virtual ones. Happy moon festival! And glad you enjoyed the links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, thank you! Glad you like the links and I am so honored you thought of me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I adore Patricia C. Wrede. :D She is so awesome. Hehe, the name of the festival is a direct translation of what it's called in Mandarin. I think it's also called the Moon Festival, but Mid-Autumn does have that poetic feel, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, yes you are! :D Great post! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay well this is somewhat embarrassing, as I just gave you the Liebster award over at my blog. Oh well! You're double-liked!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, I just realized I'd accidentally misspelled your name. Oops. Fixed now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha thank you so much for thinking of me, Kate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your link posts! They're always filled with great articles. Now I have even more to read though, and I'm already so behind! That's the downside of going on vacation; catch-up is hard! I still owe you an email. Expect one maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, welcome back! :D I'm so glad you like the link posts. But yeah, I bet you have a ton of catching up to do! Don't get too stressed out. :P Looking forward to your email whenever you manage to get to it! :)

    ReplyDelete